Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Strength Grows


Hello there on this Wednesday!!  The weather is not too bad for winter here in south central Iowa but that will change tomorrow.  The temps will drop more than 20 degrees and then on the weekend we are supposed to get snow.  

I have used a whole lot of Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 products (stamps, stencils, Archival inks, enamel accents) on this card... pretty much everything except the background color.  That was done with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints when I was working on This project.  I brushed extra paint on this paper while working.. quite liked what I had at the end and wanted to use it.  

I stamped the circle collage with Potting Soil ink.  I did use the stamp platform and stamped it twice so the ink was very wet.  Then embossed the image with Potting Soil Embossing Powder.  I used two stencils to add pattern around the outside of the circle, Add A Stencil and Lots of Dots.  Inked through Add A Stencil with Orange Blossom and through Lots of Dots with Red Geranium.  In the area on the left side and down around the bottom of the circle that leaves a gap I used the white Distress Crayon to lighten that area.  I used Wendy's Enamel Accents, Carnation Red and Sunflower, for the red and yellow dots.  The flower and leaves are the Stamp-it Stencil-it set In Full Bloom, stamped with Jet Black and colored with Distress Inks.  The matching stencil makes it so easy to add the color!!!  A white gel pen was used to add the white dots near the center.  The quote is from Set SCS145, Artful Thoughts, stamped with Jet Black and a white gel pen used on the open letters.  The butterfly is a Mat Mini, colored with Distress Inks and stamped with one of the squares in the Large Collage background image (WVBG011) using Fern Green.

This was fun to do.  I really need play with my Wendy stuff more often!!  

Thanks for following along!!

Hugs, Wanda




1 comment:

Vic said...

Very pretty. I need to use some of my WV goodies, too.