Thursday, January 4, 2018

Life - Today is a Good Day


Happy Thursday to you!!!  I hope your week is going well!! I have a tag to share with you today.  

I used a Ranger #8 Manila tag.  Our son and daughter-in-law were over on New Years Day and while the guys did there thing (sorting trading cards), us girls did ours (art play).  I've had some Gelatos for a long time and barely touched them so we had a play.  That's when this tag started.  The first couple layers are gelatos, rubbed with my finger, sprayed with water, dripped, and put on through a stencil.  I think next I put on a stencil and spray Distress Spray Stain.  Then I have ink through stencils.  Then some stamping.  I really just kept putting stuff on because it didn't look too good to begin with... but it got better... much better.  When I like it, I stopped adding layers and did some simple things to finish it off.  Around the edges is Frantage embossing enamel.  I know I've had it quite some time but hadn't used it yet.  I'm sure of that because I had to cut open the package to use it.  They are gorgeous!!!  I also used it around the edges of the Typed Token I added at the top.  Before doing the edge, some color was added to the token with Archival Ink Red Geranium and the word highlighted with Distress Crayon.  Some Washi Tape wrapped towards the bottom.  A handsome boy and a dog from Tim's Paper Dolls.  Small Talk stickers, color added with Distress Marker and sketched lines with a black pen.  


I'm linking this to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Ring in the New - the Frantage embossing enamel was new for me to use. 



3 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful tag! I love the vibrancy of the background colours and all the details you created and the saying is perfect to ring in the new year 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year! J 😊

CraftyJo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarascloset said...

Love the brilliant design of this tag, Wanda! Your background layering is divine! Hugs! Sara Emily