Monday, January 29, 2018

Friendship is a Million Little Things


As with a lot of people recently, I had to try the new Tim Holtz technique using Distress Oxide Inks on Ranger's Glossy Paper and then MicroGlaze.  Tim used Distress Glaze but I still have MicroGlaze from years past and used that.  I did 3 layers of Oxides on my paper.  The first layer used the colors Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, and Wild Honey.  My second layer used Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, and Wilted Violet.  The third layer is Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber.  Then the magic, pulling all the oxidation off with Glaze.  A really, I mean REALLY, cool technique.  

I stamped the quote from Quietfire Design, Friendship Isn't A Big Thing, embossed it with white powder, die cut the oval using a Stitched Oval die (Sizzix, Tim Holtz), edged the oval with Distress Paint Brushed Pewter, put foam mounting tape on the back and set it aside.  

Next I worked on the rest of the paper.  I set the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil across the panel lining up the edge along the top of the panel.  I put Ranger's Texture Paste Transparent Gloss through the stencil, removed the stencil, covered the paste with Distress Dry Glitter Rock Candy, dumped off the excess and let it dry.  Once dry I brushed off the rest of the excess that didn't stay attached to the paste, attached it to a white cardstock panel, and attached the oval right over the opening.  

I added a strip of flowery sheer ribbon as shown and 2 die cuts (Elizabeth Craft Designs Dandelion Fluff die set) and then attached everything to a folded purple card.  

This card is so soft and pretty.  I really love how it came out.  

Thanks for following along!!!

Hugs, Wanda




1 comment:

Christi Conley said...

What a stunning card! Quietfire makes such beautiful stamps and your creation showcases the quote perfectly!