Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The World Needs Who You Were Made To Be


Hello!!!  I hope you are doing well!!  I have a card to share with you today. I love these words because the world really does need who you were Made to be.


Let's get going with the how I did it for this card.  I'll work from the bottom up.

The folded card is just white cardstock.  

The next layer is done on Distress Watercolor Cardstock working on the smoother side.  I sprayed Spun Sugar Spray Stain on my craft mat, sprayed it with water and dipped the paper into it. Dried it and dipped again.  Do this until you are happy with it.  The alpha image (Faded Type CMS397 set) was inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink, sprayed with water and stamped onto the paper repeating a few times.  The paper was then dried.


Picked Raspberry Spray Stain was splattered onto the paper using the Distress Splatter Brush.  The edges were inked with Picked Raspberry and then distressed with the Tonic paper distresser.


Alcohol Lift-Ink was stamped (Floral background from set CMS220) onto a Yupo Alcohol Ink background from my stash that I didn't particularly like and the lift (which I love) stamped onto Alcohol Ink Glossy Paper (this is the piece used on this project).  The lift ink was dabbed from the Yupo background using a paper towel - dab ink, move to clean spot on the paper towel and dab again, continue until all the wet ink is dabbed up and then buff your Yupo to remove any left over residue.  Set this piece aside to use on a later project.  I stitched around the stamped piece with white thread and distressed the edges. 

I cut a piece of white cardstock just a little larger than the floral background, inked around the edges with Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks and attached the floral background to it.


The ephemera and mushroom images are from the Idea-ology Field Notes Ephemera pack.  Some of the top and bottom of the script piece was torn off.  It was then sprayed lightly with Tattered Rose Spray Stain and Picket Fence Spray Stain, and dried.  I added more layers of Picket Fence Spray Stain drying between layers until it was as muted as I wanted.  The long edges were distressed with paper distresser and Picked Raspberry ink lightly sponged around all edges. 


The mushroom tops were water colored with Distress Ink and a water brush to brighten them up.  I used Picked Raspberry on 2 groups and Carved Pumpkin on the 3rd group.  The tallest mushrooms were a lighter color then the medium sized mushrooms and therefore the Picked Raspberry ink looked more pink on the tall group and the other mushrooms looked more red.  Later I sponged Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink around the edges of the mushrooms to brighten them even more.


Color was added to the Idea-ology paper doll girl with Distress Markers.  The Idea-ology bouquet flowers were colored by using a water brush to added some Distress Ink (not fully coloring them) and then spraying the flower with water to bleed the ink out.  The round No. 7859 ephemera piece was inked on the edge with Squeezed Lemonade and tucked in as shown.  You could even cut the circle in half and save the rest for another project but I didn't think of that at the time. 


The words are stamped (Tiny Text CMS394 set) with Black Soot Archival Ink, and cut out.  The edges of "Hello Friend" are distressed.  The edges of the other piece are inked with Picked Raspberry.  


I really like this card and I hope you do to!!!

Hugs, Wanda

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cute card....thanks so much for sharing. 😎💞

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous happy colors and great design. LOVE the words too.

Nancy said...

It's fabulous, Wanda! I love the color combination, and all the fun elements! :o)

sarascloset said...

You do pink so well! I remember doing a color journal round robin with Autumn and some of her friends, and one of our color challenges was pink/orange. I was so stymied by this combination, but you make it look effortless. I love this card!