Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Never Give Up

Here's a card I made awhile back after spending some time playing with alcohol inks and alcohol lift ink.  


I took one of the alcohol ink on yupo papers I had made during play and cut it in half.



After choosing one to use I stamped the doily using alcohol lift ink and then stamped that image onto glossy paper.  The stamped image was set aside to use another time.  I took the alcohol paper and dabbed at the stamped alcohol lift ink with a paper towel until I'd removed all the lift ink. 


I stamped onto the paper with archival ink and dried it using a similar color for a subtle image.


The "brick" layer was created using the 3D brick embossing folder.  When using a 3D folder it's best to lightly spray your paper (I used Distress Heavy Stock) with water and then run the folder and paper through your machine 3 times.  After it was embossed I added color by sponging on distress ink with a mini ink blending tool, and spraying on a little stain and also some mica.



I used a piece of paper from "the box" to cut the stems and butterfly.  I'm pretty sure the paper is texture paste through a stencil and then sprayed with water and Oxide Sprays.  After die cutting the pieces, the edges were inked.



I stitched around the alcohol ink panel and spritzed it a little with the Mica Spray.


The crochet trim was die cut from Distress Heavystock and inked a bit.  "never give up" is a Small Talk Sticker.




I thought I was done and had taken pictures but then the next day thought it needed a bit more and added the butterfly and string bow on the flower. 


I hope you are all doing well during this time.  Things are opening up in Iowa but we are still being very careful.  My husband has COPD and we just feel it's a bit too soon to be out and about much.  

Hugs, Wanda




2 comments:

Felicia said...

Wanda, I am IN LOVE with this card!!! All the amazing technique elements that went into this are soooooo yummy! I love what you did with the doily stamp on the yupo. I have yet to play with alcohol inks and yupo paper, but it looks fun to play with. The embossing and then die cutting the flower/butterfly is also yummy! I always forget to do such wonderful techniques when I go to do a card and have to put that in my mental trick bag!! All the colors marry so well together and I love the sentiment! That is my mantra lately! As it should be for all! Growth is change and change is growth! Sometimes its hard to see that, when you are in it, but the victory and blessings of staying the course FAR OUTWEIGH the circumstances! Thank you for your CONTINUAL inspiration and reflection! :) Blessings my treasured friend! :)

sarascloset said...

Wonderful results of your play with alcohol inks; I almost forgot about my lift ink, but you have inspired me to get it out and have some fun. I love the embossing on the flowers. Very clever, indeed! another gorgeous make from your talented hands!