Friday, July 17, 2020

3D Poinsettia Christmas Card - Joy to the World



Hello!!  This card is completely inspired by Paula Cheney and her blog post found HERE.

I followed along with her basic directions -- Oxide inks inside the folder, painting the image with Resist Spray, foiling, and re-embossing.  However, I own a Royal Sovereign Laminating Machine and that is what I used instead of a Minc.  I used Deco Foil (again what I have) and she used Minc Foil.  I was careful to get the Resist Spray painted on the whole image tipping the card as Paula suggested.  But I have a lot more white spots after embossing then Paula got.  Since there is more than one variable I can't be sure why but I'm inclined to think that perhaps the laminating machine does not have as much pressure as the Minc.  I just might have to invest in a Mini Minc to test that theory.   


After the all the basic steps I splattered the whole panel with Distress Paint Picket Fence (I forgot to include the paint in the picture at the bottom) and embossed around the edges with Liquid Platinum.  For the next layer I stamped with the large Baroque stamp using Dusty Concord Archival Ink.  Around the edges of this panel I used a little glue stick and pressed on the same foil I used for the image.  For the sentiment I inked white card DTP with regular Distress Ink, sprayed the paper, and dried.  The sentiment was stamped with Embossing Ink, embossed with White, trimmed out, glued to white card, and cut as shown and a brad added.  Distress Vintage Platinum Glitter Dust was added to the centers of the poinsettias gluing it on with Collage Medium.





2 comments:

Turid said...

Is it rude to the source of inspiration, to say that this is as good, and also maybe Even better? Love the 3D effect, very taktile and lifelike

sarascloset said...

Just gorgeous, Wanda! I love the coloring you chose to work in, and the gold adds so much richness! You are getting so many wonderful results with this folder! Thanks for the inspiration! Big hugs!