Saturday, July 11, 2020

Scripture Journal - James 1:22


Happy Saturday to you!!!!  I hope you've had a good week.

The mottled color that you see in the circle on this page is bleed-thru from the other side of the page.  A lesson to remember to use gesso if I'm using a lot of spray or wet paint.  I knew it would be easy to cover up but decided to keep some of it.  I used clear gesso over the whole page and let it dry.  I die cut a circle to use a mask before putting texture paste through a PaperArtsy stencil. I had thought about spraying over the texture paste but when I found out this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge is "Play With Paint", I decided to do just that.


I painted everywhere but inside the circle with Twisted Citron.  Next I sponged on Mowed Lawn trying to hit mostly just the texture paste leaves.  Then I used Peeled Paint through a Tim Holtz stencil.  I like how it seems we are in a forest surrounded by trees and leaves. There are paint splatters with Spun Sugar.


The is pen work with both a white gel pen and a black pen.  The die cut leafy stems are from the Sizzix / Tim Holtz set Garden Greens.  They are inked and sprayed including some Mica Spray (Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass) to give some shimmer.  The bird is from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology pack, Botanicals.  The butterfly is from the Idea-ology Snippets pack, Field Notes. 


I missed a few things in this picture of supplies (like the Mica Spray) but it shows most of what I used. 


3 comments:

Nancy said...

It's really beautiful, Wanda! :o)

Turid said...

Did you say the challenge was Play with paint? Well, it should be Pray with paint, cause that is what you are doing.

sarascloset said...

Interestingly enough, I was just reading James this morning! What a wonderful page! I love the colors, the bird, the way you have used both black and white pens to outline the fronds. Just lovely!