Sunday, September 9, 2018

Live - Wendy Style


Hello and Happy Sunday!!!  For this weeks UYS (use your stuff) challenge Lori challenged us with --  "Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi style..also include Studio 490 stencils and paste in your project". 

We went to MN to visit family and I didn't think I'd have a chance to do this challenge which made me a little sad because I Love Wendy and her products!!!  However, we got back in time this afternoon for me to throw together a quick one layer card.  Yay!!!

The flower is from her new set, Friendship & Art (SCS161).  It is stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I then used the matching stencil that comes with the stamp set to add color with her Make Art Blendable Dye Inks.  The flower was first sponged with Garden Patina.  Shading was added using Bluebird with a detail blending tool.  In the center I added Sunflower with a detail tool.  The leaves were sponged with Prickly Pear and then shaded with Fern Green, again using a detail tool.  Wendy is right, the detail tools are fabulous!!!!  

Next I used the circle mask from her Stencils for Art set, Four Spotlight Frames & Masks.  I inked around the mask with Sunflower Blendable Dye Ink using a mini blending tool.  This puts color right up to the mask.  Then with mask in place I stamped her new background, Fancy Foliage (WVBG047) with Archival Ink Garden Patina.  The image doesn't stamp all the way to the edge of the mask and I love the kind of halo effect you get.  Way Cool!!!  

Live from her Artful Words stencil was stenciled using her white paste mixed with a drop of Garden Patina reinker.  A thin line of Garden Patina was sponged around the edges, the panel attached to a folded white card, and then a snap glued to the center of the flower.  I remember when there were some snaps in the Idea-ology line of products and Wendy loved using them :-)



1 comment:

Krista Hentges said...

I think it as absolutely fabulous one layer!!! You outdid yourself with this simple yet absolutely elegant card!!