Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Happy Birthday with Butterflies


Hi!!!  Yep, two posts in two days.  It's amazing, I know :-)  Today I have a birthday card to share.

I started with a piece of sticky back linen from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Textile Surfaces pack.  I cut one of the linen pieces in half for this project.  I sprayed the linen with Distress Spray Stain and dried it.  It wasn't completely dry, but enough.  I cut a piece of cardstock a little smaller than my linen piece, removed the backing from the linen and stuck the cardstock to the back.  This left the edges uneven which I really like. Next I placed a Tim Holtz stencil over the piece and put Texture Paste Opaque Crackle through the stencil scraping it mostly flat to the stencil - removed and cleaned the stencil and left the piece to air dry.

I die cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs Butterfly Flourish (designer Suzanne Cannon) from Idea-ology cork surface.  I die cut the individual butterflies from white cardstock and inked them Distress Ink.  The larger butterfly was then sprayed with Mica Spray Crushed Grape.  Once the background was dry I removed the liner from the back of the cork and the die cut to my background.  The butterflies were glued on just in the body area.  Sticky back gems were added.


Happy Birthday (from Quietfire Design's new set, Twiggy Heart Wreath & Sentiments) was stamped onto a scrap with Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, trimmed to size, the corners rounded, holes punched and eyelets set, a scribble added to the edge with a gel pen, and tied around the panel.  

The main panel was attached to a purple panel and then to a white folded card.





1 comment:

Krista Hentges said...

Omg stunning! I love the mosaic background!