Friday, October 26, 2012

VerDay on a Pop Up


Time to Catch Up - Day 4

I decided I wanted a different title on the post, the others were getting boring, lol.  

Today I'm sharing one card.  When I got together with friends in Ohio over Stampaway weekend - See THIS post - most of us bought the Sizzix pop up card base die and one (or more) inserts and we thought it'd be fun to have a swap between up.  This is the card I made.  Since most of us had also bought Ten Second Studios VerDay set and it was a new item for me, I wanted to use it too.  I cut watercolor paper with the base (no insert) and then cut them in half to have the pieces to VerDay - so that is my background.  I had also ordered all of Wendy Vecchi's new stencils when I was at Stampaway so after they came in the mail I wanted to use them too.  I used the heart first, drew around the shape with a charcoal pencil and then smudged it with my finger.  Next I stenciled the flower using modeling paste and after it was dry colored it with Tombow markers and used a water brush to blend the colors more.  I stenciled the lines along the bottom with paint. I used green and white but didn't mix them totally so I had variations in color.  This was the first one I did and after this I stenciled the lines before the flower making it much easier since the flower is dimensional.  "Embrace.The.Adventure." is a Studio 490 stamp, stamped on white cardstock with jet black Archival, cut with deckle scissors and inked along the edges with milled lavender Distress ink.  



For the inside I also cut watercolor paper and used Dylusion sprays, Wendy Vecchi stencils, Crafter's Workshop stencils, the hearts are an unidentified stencil I have, and inks.  I used the flowers insert when I cut this and then also cut the extra flowers to layer up.  They are sprayed, stamped with dots using snow cap pigment ink and then the centers have Pearl pen on them.  The word stamp is also a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490.  




Thanks so much for looking.  
I truly appreciate all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Everytime I see Verday used I smile! I love that stuff! Your Wendy stenciled flower and molding paste is perfect layered on top! Pure eye candy! I still need that pop up die!

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning! Wow those flowers pop in every sense of the word. Love it!

SusanK said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Love everything about it...you're making me want to go shopping!

Quietfire said...

This is adorable!

Unknown said...

Outstandingly beautiful!

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such warm colours for this chilly day in Brittany!!!!! TFS!

michelle said...

Wow such a cool card!

Carolyn Dube said...

Stampaway?! I love going to that one. I bought the set too from their booth- I need to get painting with it! our cards are wonderful and motivating me to get busy with mine! Thanks for the spark!

tea said...

Beautiful inside AND out. And you know how I love cards that have that extra 'moving' dimention. Super!And we got snow here yesterday, so thanks for the uplifting sight!

Karen B said...

WOW! This is so colorful and beautiful. I love how the pattern goes right through the pop-up seamlessly. Gorgeous!