Saturday, October 6, 2012

When all else fails.... a quick tag



Ranger has issued a challenge on their blog to share a project using Distress Inks.  I have many projects on my blog that use Distress Ink but I thought I'd make something new to share.  I die cut the tag from Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper using Tim's tag and bookplate die. I used Distress Inks picked raspberry, salty ocean, and squeezed lemonade for the background.  I rubbed each color on the craft sheet next to each other, sprayed the tag and the ink with water, smooshed in the tag, dried it blotting as necessary, dipped it again and dried it blotting as necessary.  The lady eating chocolate is a Stampsmith Image called Chocolate Lover.  I stamped her with Archival jet black.  The leaves are a Dylusion stencil and I sponged DI mowed lawn through the stencil.  'When all else fails eat chocolate' is a new Quietfire Design image; stamped and embossed in black.  The edges of the tag are sponged with mowed lawn, distressed with Tim's paper distresser and rubbed right on the edge with picked raspberry.  The color where I stamped the lady was darker than I wanted so after making sure the black ink was dry by using my heat tool I added water in all the light area using a water brush and then blotted up the color and repeated.  I worked very well.

7 comments:

Quietfire said...

Wow, there is just no stopping you today. You must be having a great time. Keep it up! And thanks for using the stamp!

Robyn said...

OOhh-sweetly wicked- Love the look on her face and the color blending.
Great tag!

Nan G said...

Just popped I for a quick look see.....Wow! You've had a good day! Love this one! Have to get that stencil it's great. I'll be back tomorrow to comment on the rest of your day.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love this!!! Her face is perfect...she is totally enjoying it!

Alexandra said...

This sentiment with the look on her face made me smile, lovely tag and great colour blending.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great tag, Wanda! Love the coloring and how some of it peeks through the image.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

I love making tags - they are so versatile and quick! Beautiful work with the Stampsmith image! Please drop by and join us for The Stampsmith Challenge - we'd love to see more of your work!
Cheers,
Val :)