Monday, October 22, 2012

Time to Catch Up - Day 1


I have a bunch of things from this summer that I haven't shared on my blog yet and I've decided I need to get these posted before they get any older (and so I can clean up my basic my documents folder and get things moved to their specific folders).  Today I'm sharing atcs!!  Most of these were made before our last in-person swap at the end of July and with our next swap coming up this Saturday my creating time this week is focused on atcs so I'll have a bunch more to share.  I'm going to just hit the highlights of each card (what I can remember) and if you have any questions, just ask.


The background for this first one is the wax paper ironed onto glossy cardstock as a resist and then add ink technique.  The birds, leaves, and flourishes are rub ons.


I think the background on this next one is watercolor spray and a stencil.  The butterfly is stenciled on first with gesso, then I used a black pen and added color.  The speckles on the background are stamped with gesso.  Doodling with a white pen.  A scrap of colored muslin tied around and an Idea-ology piece.  



Pulled this background from my stash.  Stamped on the leaves and text.  Tissue tape on the bottom.  The bird on the branch is a rub on.  


The background is colored muslin (don't remember what I used for the color) painted with rock candy Distress crackle paint.  The flowers (Studio 490) are stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  White pen for the highlights, tiny holeless bead glued in the centers.  



This sweet girl rubber stamp image is from Lisa M. Pace's Antiquated Collection   Printed papers and stamping for the background.  Paper flowers behind the girls' heads.  Ribbon, bead ribbon, and buttons along the bottom. 



The steampunk wings are from Dezinaworld.  I don't remember where the girl is from.  I probably started with a scrap for the background and added stamping - the leaves are a Dylusions image, the flower is from Hero Arts.  More flowers stamped and cut out for the bottom.  Idea-ology mini gears in the centers. 


The last time my daughter was here for a visit she was working on a project and had stamped an "old world" world map a few times getting one the way she wanted for her project.  Afterwards I took one of the left overs and cut two atc-sized pieces from it and issued a challenge for her to use one in a project for me and vice-versa.  This is the atc I made her using the map in the background.  The quote was stamped onto white shrink plastic and shrunk so it would fit on the atc.  The car is a Tim die cut from shrink plastic and shrunk.  



And that takes care of catching up my atc projects!!  Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of them but the blue butterfly and gesso one just smiles at me so beautiful !

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Now these are some fabulous ATC's!!! Love the textures! The bird and bright psychedelic ones are crazy stunning!!!

tea said...

You really demonstrate a wide range of techniques and styles here, I love the bird ones of course, including the one for Krista (big birdie), and of course also the ones with the girls and the ones with flowers... thanks for catching us up with you! Have a great day!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

i love them all of them..i could not pick just one..your art has just grown and grown..love the images and you coloring..all is awesome.
hugs,
susan s.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

i love them all of them..i could not pick just one..your art has just grown and grown..love the images and you coloring..all is awesome.
hugs,
susan s.

Kathy Eddy said...

These are wonderful Wanda! I love your bluebird!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wanda - wowsers you have been a busy lady. I especially love the girls with the prima flowers behind their heads. So cute.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a lot of beautiful eye candy today, Wanda! Love all these ATCs... thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

Hard to believe these are mini works of art! Beautiful! Such talent! tfS!