Saturday, October 27, 2012

1 verse - 3 cards

Time to Catch Up - Day 5

These cards were actually made just last Saturday but that was a week ago so I'm including them in my catch up time.  October is Pastor Appreciation month and last Sunday was the day our church chose to honor our Pastors.  These are the cards I made for them.  

The center piece of each card are backgrounds I had in my "extra backgrounds file".  That was very helpful to getting started and in getting them all done (I am a slow stamper).  The scripture is from Our Daily Bread Designs and is stamped with Archival Ink jet black on 2 cards and embossed with white on the other card.


The center on this first card is left over paint from a project brushed onto cardstock.  The bottom background layer is red cardstock stamped with a leaf image, a text image, and sponged around the edges with ink.  The leaf is die cut (Tim Holtz Sizzix die) from white cardstock, sprayed, inked, stenciled, and for the 'veining' I folded the leaf, rubbed ink on the fold, unfolded it and repeated until I had all the lines I wanted.



The center piece on this second card I think was pigment inks on colored cardstock.  The bottom background piece is blue cardstock, stenciled (Crafters Workshop) with Dylusion spray, embossed with an embossing folder, sponged with ink and splattered with pewter Distress Stain.



The center piece is alcohol inks.  The bottom background piece is Dylusion sprays, Distress Inks, stenciling, splattering and doodling.  I like all of the cards but after they were all done, this was my favorite. 


Thanks for visiting!!!!!!!!!!!!  I appreciate you!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Tarnished Rose said...

Beautiful

Nan G said...

Gorgeous! The blue one is my fave.

Charmaine Stack said...

I like all of them! I need a background file to help jump start cards!

SusanK said...

While they are all lovely the green one is my favorite.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

How beautiful wanda. I am sorry I am running behind. Tonight the burden of realizing I cannot help my parents has hit me hard today and I know it is time for decisions and this card brought me so much peace. It's beauty and words..your spirit is graced with beauty.
susan s.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fab verse, fab cards! I LOVE the last one!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Truly Beautiful works of art Wanda.
hugs Lynn

tea said...

I just love how you put those intricate backgrounds together! And the scripture stamps, you know they are a favorite of mine, Great job! I am especially intrigued by the blue background card.