Sunday, August 23, 2020

Butterfly Bliss Tag

 

Hello!!!!  I have a tag to share with you today.  It was inspired by 2 challenges...

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Grunge It Up
A Vintage Journey - Tag You're It!


I began with a #8 Mixed Media Tag and gave it some light grunge with Distress Ink and Oxide, putting the ink on my craft sheet, spraying with water, dipping the tag into it, drying, and then picking up more spots of ink until I like it.


Using the brick stencil I first added Texture Paste Matte not putting it everywhere and spreading it thin. Leaving the stencil in place I first put the excess matte paste back into it's jar and then picked up some of the crackle paste using it to fill in any openings, spreading it thin.  I did not put the excess crackle paste back into the jar because it had some of the matte paste mixed in. I removed the stencil from the tag, covered the paste with Distress Embossing Glaze Fired Brick, tapped off the excess powder, and set it aside to air dry.  Once it was dry I again tapped off excess powder and then heated it to melt. Walnut stain Distress Ink was blended around the edges.


The Layered Butterfly was die cut from Mixed Media Heavystock, inked, splattered with water and dried.


I lightly misted the back of the butterfly, placed it in the matching texture fade and embossed it.  After embossing I lightly blended Black Soot over the high spots.


The ephemera piece is from the Field Notes pack.  I tore the left and right edge off to make it narrower, inked the edges with Walnut Stain, sprayed the ink that was on my media mat from inking the edges with water, dipped the ephemera piece in it and dried it.  The body of the butterfly is stitched to the ephemera piece and then they were glued to the tag.  Bliss is a Adage Ticket (old Idea-ology item).  It was dipped in a bit of watery Hickory Smoke Distress ink, dried, and the edges inked with Walnut Stain.  To finish, a piece of dyed ribbon at the top.


I know that piece of ephemera covered up a lot of the cracked bricks but I like that as you look around the tag you see some cracked bricks and others that aren't, just like an old brick wall.

I hope you like the tag!!  Have a great week.  If not before, I'll be back on Thursday with a special post :-)

Hugs, Wanda

6 comments:

sarascloset said...

Wanda, I love this tag! Your inky butterfly spreads it's wings in all it's grungy glory over that fabulous brick background. How clever to add the stitching over his body! This is just delightful! This is just perfect in every way, and oh, so inspiring! Big hugs!

A Pink said...

Your tag is fabulous , Wanda. Love the red brick walled background with all those lovely crackles and the effects of the embossing glaze. The butterfly is one of my faves and he's looking rather special stitched in place on the field note ephemera .
Thanks for sharing your tag creativity with us at A Vintage Journey.
x

toni said...

Super tag! Love the brick background and the butterfly goes so well against it. Thank you for joining us over at A Vintage Journey. Toni x

toni said...

A lovely tag ! Love the brick background anthe butterfly goes so well against it! Thank you for joining us over at A Vintage Journey. Toni x

toni said...

Super tag! Love the brick background and the butterfly goes so well against it. Thank you for joining us over at A Vintage Journey. Toni x

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely brick wall you created behind your big embossed butterfly! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!