Sunday, August 16, 2020

Art Journal Spread - Live Simply

Hello!!!  I hope this post finds you well!!!

Today I'm sharing an art journal spread in the large Dylusions Journal.  I often use up excess paint and/or ink on a page in a journal.  The right side of this spread had some small spots of ink (mostly green & blue) probably from a stencil being pressed on it to remove left over ink.  On top of that ink is stenciling done with excess white paint while working on another project recently.  You can see that design because the paint resisted the Distress Spray Stain and Oxide Spray used over it.  To help the spots of ink that were already on the left side become part of the whole I used the splatter stamp from the Grunged stamp set inking it with Mermaid Lagoon Oxide Ink and spraying the stamp with water before stamping it onto the pages.  I love how that worked!!!!!!!!

The pictures below shows most of the supplies used in this spread.  All the die cuts and parts of die cuts I used were from my scrap/left over bits pile.  I also used an Idea-ology Paper Doll and Remnant Rubs (Botanical).


That strip with the stars the pocket is sitting on is part of a Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3D Impresslit that was cut from Purple Metallic Kraft Stock.  I sprayed the piece with Cheddar Gloss Spray.




The paper doll's dress was colored with Distress Crayon and then dots added with Distress Marker.  The flowers were colored with Distress Marker.  The large flower die cut was inked with Distress Ink and the flower embossed with Distress Embossing Glaze





That film strip piece was black.  I sprayed it with both Oxide Spray and Gloss Spray.  Once dry I stamped it with the crackle background.


This was fun to create.  I really tried not to overthink (a bad habit of mine).

Hugs, Wanda

I'm entering this in...
 
Art Journal Journey August Challenge - Pockets and Tags

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer Memories  (some of my favorite things/memories about summer are flowers and butterflies)

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Nice to meet you Wonda. This is a fabulous page. The background has such amazing colors and you picked some super images and tag! Thanks for linking up to us as Art Journal Journey. Hope you'll be back again soon. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

This is a really gorgeous spread Wanda! I love the bright colours and wonderful details.
Thanks for linking it to my theme at Art Journal Journey 🙂
Alison xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful your journal pages, great idea from you again! Colorful, I like it very much!
Greetings Elke

Neet said...

Wow, Wonda! That is a beautiful double page spread. Love the colours you chose, they remind me of the sharp tasting sugary crystals I used to suck with a liquorice stick when I was a child. So pretty then in the shopkeeper's jar and so pretty now on your page.
Absolutely beautiful pages and the most gorgeous colours. I will take note of what you have used - thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet
ps reminds me of a visit to AftH looking at your stash

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope I'm not too late for you to see this comment. I'm trying to play catch up after my internet was offline for nine days. I'm so glad you joined us, Wanda.

I was enamored by the colors you spread across the two pages in this spread. They blended beautifully. And I thought your handling of the minimalist style was perfect, even though there was so much going on. It's a fabulous entry and I am SO very proud you shared in with us at Art Journal Journey. I hope you will join us again soon, too. I love your work, your sense of color style, and your compositions.

sarascloset said...

Bold...bright...beautiful! And a wonderfully composed page spread that I am sure was very fun to create; yes, overthinking takes the joy out of making...I can speak from personal experience; been doing way too much thinking lately. Sending big hugs your way, and many thanks for your inspiration!