Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Once Upon A Time


Hello!!!!  Today's project doesn't use one of the new release dies but I had fun making it anyway!!   You can find details about the new A Way With Words release coming up in THIS post and I'll share a picture of the whole release again.  You can find all the new dies in THIS pre-order release category on the Quietfire Design Website.



This was a fun panel to make!!!!  My base is a piece of heavy watercolor paper.  I die cut one of the designs from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Planner Patterns set, the cube design, from white cardstock and cut it in half.  I added a layer of gesso to my base piece and pressed the two halves of my diecut design into the gesso.  I also used the AWWW Star Spray Stencil (discontinued but Suzanne still has some or you could cut your own with the new die) by pressing the stencil into the wet gesso at the top right and bottom left.  It's a subtle look but the extra texture is nice.  Let the gesso dry.  Color was added with paint using water to help it move and blend and wiping it back a bit in some areas.  The blue color you see is also paint applied through the "leaves" part of the ECD Shade Tree Stencil.  The white dots you see in the background are Texture Paste through the Dotty Stencil.


Once Upon A Time is cut from both brown and white cardstock and layered together as shown.  The Idea-ology Paper Dolls are colored with Distress Markers.  Shading is added around the edges and under the girls with Distress Crayons.  The butterflies are some fallout pieces from cutting the new Butterfly Spray for a different project.  Finally I added some Sticky Back Gems.


I hope you like this project!!  It was so fun to go really mixed media with it :-)

Hugs, Wanda



No comments: