Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Way With Words - Brand New Release


Happy Tuesday!!!  I hope today finds you well and safe.  Lots of weather been happening.  We got almost 10" of snow at our place this past weekend and finally our road was plowed midday yesterday.  

Besides weather something very exciting happened this past weekend.  The pre-release of the brand new A Way With Words cutting die release.  These are an Elizabeth Craft Designs product by designer, Suzanne Cannon, owner of Quietfire Design.  The official release at ECD is coming on the 21st.  There are 6 skus and you can see them all below.  I am so excited for the butterfly spray to be a die!!!  Suzanne has a post on the Quietfire Creations Blog HERE talking about the new release.  


I'm sharing a card today that uses the new word, Shine, and the Star Spray.  I cut the Star Spray from watercolor paper.  The white star fallout pieces were set aside and then the cut panel was colored with a combination of Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks along with water working in layers.  

For the shiny, shine piece I die cut a Stitched Oval from Silver Mirror Card.  The edge was inked with Embossing Ink and embossed with White.  Shine was die cut from white cardstock.  Shine was glued to the oval and then the oval layered onto my background.  I then used some of the white fallout star pieces to add to my background and by the word, Shine.



I also used a Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer to the inside of the stars and on the word, shine.  This last picture is me trying to hold the card so you can see that shimmer.


See you tomorrow with another sample for the new release :-)

Hugs, Wanda

1 comment:

junemac2 said...

super gorgeous card and the dies are lovely. No snow here in the UK where I am. x