Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Way With Words New Release Group Post


Inspiration abounds today for the new A Way With Words release.  There is a  group post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog you can find HERE.  


I'm sharing this card that uses the new set, My Garden Flowers (QF / ECD), combined with the Long Stem Rose (QF / ECD) and a stamp from the Where Flowers Bloom Collection (QF / ECD).


My background is very simply watery paint brayered on White Soft Finish Cardstock and then some splatters of the same paint.  I stamped the leafy image along the bottom after the flowers were all glued on.  It was an added thought because I thought it needed something along there. 

The flowers and the words were die cut from White Soft Finish Cardstock.  The words and stems were inked with Distress Ink.


The flower outline pieces were inked with Embossing Ink and embossed with the powders you see.


The solid pieces were inked with Distress Oxide Ink sometimes combining 2 colors to get a match to the embossing powder I'd chosen.  


Some doodling for a border and then the panel was attached to a folded yellow card.  When I glued the flowers on I left the stems long and then trimmed them even with the card after it was put together.



This was a fun (and colorful) card to make and really brought some sunshine during this cold, snowy winter.

Hugs, Wanda

No comments: