Saturday, March 10, 2018

Thinking of You - Distress Oxides - Paste


Hello on this fine Saturday!!!  I have a card to share with you.  

The background is Distress Oxide Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Fossilized Amber) and then Texture Paste (Glossy Transparent) through a Tim Holtz stencil.  I made the background back when I was first playing with the paste over oxides technique.  On this one the pasted areas didn't pop a lot from the rest and I was trying to figure out why.  After playing, it was then that I figured out you needed more layers of the oxides with water so that the surface had a lot of oxidation on it.  Since this one didn't pop as much and I wanted it o, I then sprayed the paper with Distress spray stain (Picked Raspberry), blotted it off, and dried it.  Finally I added some Distress Ink Weathered Wood with a blending tool.  To finish it off I've used A Way With Words Thinking of You (Elizabeth Craft Designs).  It's cut from white cardstock and then sprayed with Pearl Mica Spray (Ranger Ink).  Some scribbles, layering, and a flower to finish.

I hope you are having a good weekend!!

Hugs, Wanda



1 comment:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the layers and depth of colour that you created - perfect 😁. Thanks for your kind wishes on my blog and have a wonderful week! J 😊