Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Discover Everyday Moments

 

Hello!!!  I watched a FB live video yesterday.  In it Tim Holtz is playing with alcohol inks and he did this really cool technique with plastic wrap.  I just had to try it!!!  I worked on white yupo and used the colors flamingo, patina, and amethyst.  Is that not way cool!!!!


I even had the time last night to turn it into a card.  I used all Stamper's Anonymous, Tim Holtz stamps for my card.  
On the alcohol ink panel I stamped the script from the new Entomology set (CMS328) in a few spots using Archival Ink Auqamarine, dried it, then stamped 3 of the moths with Archival Ink Jet Black and one also one of the borders from the new Ornate Trims set (CMS326).  The words are cut from one of the images on an older set, Stuff To Say (CMS110).
On the next piece I stamped a background from the set Botanical & Batik (CMS327).  I inked the image with Distress Oxide Ink Broken China and a little bit of Peacock Feathers, dried it, then added just a bit of other color with regular Distress Ink Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet.
The last piece is black cardstock stamped with the other background of the same set using embossing ink and embossing it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.  


I layers the pieces together as shown and attached them to a folded white card.  It's a little hard to see in the pictures but I also added lines around the words with a pink gel pen.

This was fun!!!  I recommend watching that FB live if you can and then having a play with the alcohol inks. I've always loved the alcohol inks and have had them for years.  It's great that they've been making a comeback and new colors are being added. 

I hope you're having a good day!!

Hugs, Wanda



No comments: