Tuesday, March 6, 2018

If Kisses Were Snowflakes...


Hello.  This is an appropriate card for today as it is snowing outside.  We are only supposed to get 1-3 inches but we'll see what happens.

I started this card thinking about the challenge at Words 2 Craft By and then realized it also fit with this weeks Simon Says Monday Challenge.



I started with a piece of white card and added color with Distress Oxide Inks.  I put Broken China and Salty Ocean onto my craft sheet, sprayed them with water and dipped my paper into them... dried it, dipped again picking up the rest of the ink and dried it.  I then added just a hint of Picked Raspberry in the same way.  Next I added Ranger's Mica Spray Pearl in the same way - put it on the craft sheet and dipped my paper into it.  I love how that pearlescent catches the light.  I made sure the panel was very dry and used an anti-static bag on it before stamping and embossing the lips.  The lips are an old Noteworthy stamp.  I stamped them with Versamark ink and embossed them with Rangers Snowflake Tinsel powder.  I stamped the quote (Quietfire Design - If Kisses Were Snowflakes mounted stamp) with Archival Ink Jet Black using Tim's stamp platform so I could stamp it a few times to make it darker.  Finally I added white paint splatters.  I had die cut Let it Snow (Elizabeth Craft Designs by designer Suzanne Cannon) and also wanted to use it.  As I was trying to figure out my layout I decided it would be nice to cut my piece into 3 panels. After cutting it up I attached the 3 pieces to blue cardstock and attached my die cut words which I had cut from both blue and white and layered them together offset a bit.  I put an acrylic block on top and gave it time to be attached really well.  After I took the block off and was looking at it I noticed my mistake.  Can you see it?  I attached the bottom piece upside down.  I could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, the frustration!!  I almost through it away but decided to go ahead and finish it.  I attached it to a folded white card.  The metal snowflake is a Tim Holtz Idea-ology piece and I tied a piece of white fiber around it.  

I hope you like the card.  I don't think the upside down lips are too noticable.?.?  What do you think?  

Have a great day.

Hugs, Wanda




3 comments:

BobbisTreasure said...

There are no mistakes - only design choices! Love the beautiful background, and the PERFECT sentiment!! Thanks for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By!

Sybrina K said...

Wanda, I'm with Bobbi when it comes to design choices. LOL I'm also totally with her when it comes to choosing the perfect sentiment for our challenge. And, these colors are sooo pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous card! The background colors and the sentiment are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)