Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mornings are the Most Beautiful Time of the Day



Hello!!!  I received a beautiful calendar for Christmas.  The artist that did all the pictures for the calendar is Jane Shasky.  The calendar came in a large, heavy envelope with a picture on it that coordinated with the images in the calendar.  The envelope also had just a bit of a canvas texture to it.  Instead of just throwing it away I decided to make a couple of card.  This is the first one.  I picked an area and die cut a large rectangle (Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles) from it.  I then die cut another rectangle from the first rectangle using one size smaller cutting die.  I edged both rectangles with Distress Paint Tarnished Brass.  The largest is attached to a folded white card.  On the smaller rectangle I stamped an A Way With Words Clear Stamp (Elizabeth Craft Designs by designer Suzanne Cannon) image from the A Bit of Fragrance Collection onto the panel with Archival Ink Jet Black.  I did this using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and was very glad that I did!!  Since there is some texture I needed to stamp it a few times to get a good image without pressing so hard that it squished the letters.  I wrapped this panel with some glitzy gold fiber and then attached it to the card with foam mounting tape.  

On the inside I added a sentiment based on Lamentations 3:23.  I printed it with my laser printer and then, using a laminator, foiled the verse with Deco Foil Red.  I tore the paper using a ruler.  I added a mat torn from cardstock and painted with Distress Paint Tarnished Brass.

God's love for us is without end and I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning!!



I tried to capture the shine of the red foil.....


1 comment:

Quietfire said...

Great idea Wanda! Great card, too!