Saturday, December 30, 2017

Love and a Hand Carved Stamp


Happy Saturday to you!!!  I hope you get some time to rest/play this weekend!!  

I'm sharing a fun card today.  The heart image is designed and hand carved by my super talented friend Michelle Morlan.  She has an Etsy shop, Sparrow Foot Stamps, that you can find HERE.

My background panel is the smoother side of a piece of Ranger's Watercolor Paper.  I inked the heart image with Distress Ink Abandoned Coral and then tapped some Distress Ink Picked Raspberry on the edges, sprayed on some water, stamped it onto the paper, sprayed it again without inking, and stamped it for a lighter image.  I did this a few times and even did a couple of stampings, spraying with water and stamping a third time without inking.  The speckles are made using the Distress Air Spritzer thing (can't remember the actual name) with the Picked Raspberry marker.

I tore a piece of vellum, inked the top and bottom edge with Embossing Ink and embossed with Ranger's Liquid Platinum powder.  I wrapped this to the back and taped it down.  The single heart is stamped with Ranger's Archival Ink, inking the whole heart with Bright Tangelo and adding some Vibrant Fuchsia to the top edges.  This is stamped on a scrap of white cardstock, cut out, glued to a piece of Tim Holtz Gold Deco Sheet, cut out with a small border, and added some yellow to the center with a glitter gel pen.  The word love is an A Way With Words cutting die (Elizabeth Craft Designs by designer Suzanne Cannon) from the set Baby Love.  I've die cut it from Gold Deco Sheet and also black cardstock, attached them together as shown. 



No comments: