Saturday, March 26, 2016

You Are My Sunshine


Hello!!!  Life has been busy as you tell by my space between blog posts.  I did manage to make this card (along with working on some things that can't be shared yet) this week.  I mentioned going to a stamp convention a few weeks ago and while there I had picked up some faux string art stamps from Anthony's Paper Crafts.  Those stamps have been calling my name and I used one here.  I stamped it with Archival Ink jet black and then shaded it with a Tombow marker just like he was doing in the demo at the stamp convention.  I then decided to add color to the image, also using Tombow markers.  I've stamped a wonderful Quietfire Design sentiment in the center, You Are My Sunshine.  Next I used the Tim Holtz Rays embossing folder and the Oval Diffuser plate to emboss the sunshine coming down and then inked over it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.  The panel is matter to white, the orange and finally onto the white folded card.  Finally I used a silver gel pen to add dots where the string art lines crossed.  Lots of fun!!!!


2 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Fabulous card, Wanda! So bright and cheerful...love it!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is strikingly beautiful! Gorgeous design, my friend!