Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Express Yourself


Happy Wednesday!!!  This tag was fun to make!!!!  I pulled out some PaperArtsy Clare Lloyd stamps that I hadn't yet inked up (I want to get to inking stamps that haven't been yet), grabbed a tag (#8 size) and chose 2 colors to start with.  No plan, just play.  I used Fresco Finish Paint for most all of this tag.  I started with Banana and Caribbean Sea.  I put both colors on my craft sheet, sprayed them with water, moved each color a bit with my finger mixing in the water and then dragged the tag through the colors.  Once this was dry I stamped the design element image with Bougainvillea paint and dried it.  I chose the girl I wanted to use, stamped her on smoothy cardstock with Archival Ink jet black and then painted her in.  This was my first time painting in a face and it's ok but I didn't really have patience and take my time with it.  I'm not sure I'm a spend-lots-of-time and get that shading down just so kind of person but she's ok.  I used a white gel pen for the dots on her clothing and to add white to the background stamping on the tag.  She was cut out and across the bottom of the image I used a pair of deckle scissors.  To add more to the tag, I stenciled the dots (Emma Godfrey Stencil PS015) with Archival Ink Aquamarine.  Express Yourself was stamped with Archival Ink jet black but before I did that, I added some extra Banana paint where I would be stamping the words just rubbing it on with my finger.  After the words were stamped I again used a white gel pen.  The flower was left over from THIS project and it was about time I used it on something.  I used my finger to add Old Gold paint around the edge, dried it, and then put a little White Fire Treasure Gold on the very edge.  Some pink twine at the top and it's finished.  



6 comments:

craftimamma said...

Lovely fun tag Wanda! Gorgeous background and love your bright colours!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Oooo, must get out my decile scissors too Wanda.....considering you lack patience, you have done a great job Wanda! Xx

Felicia said...

Wanda, I love, love this tag from the colors all the way down to that precious girl! Great job my friend! I haven't tried to do girls, but I'd love to give it a go (for awhile before I showed anyone...hee hee). I love Tam's girls and it makes me envious. Thanks for sharing this great tag! :)

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and details,this is gorgeous.xxx

Unknown said...

Your tag is adorable. Beautiful background too.

SewPaperPaint said...

She turned out great, and against this fabulous background it's a win win!