Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Joy is not in Things


Good Day to You!!!  This past weekend was the stamp convention in Rockford, IL.  We decided to drive over to Bolingbrook, to our daughters, on Friday... stay in Bolingbrook, and then we all went to the convention on Saturday.  We were there when it opened and spent almost the entire day there.  We had a lot of fun and, of course, I did some shopping.  Stamper's Anonymous had a booth there and I was able to get many of Wendy's CHA releases and that is what I used to make this card.


I started with a Ranger Kraft Tag, #8, stamped the flower image (Blooming Art SCS137) with Distress Picket Fence Ink, dried the ink and then added color to the image using a waterbrush filled with rubbing alcohol and Archival Ink.  I used the new Cactus Flower (LOVE this color) and Leaf Green.  I painted/inked it all and left it.  Then later decided to go back in and darken some areas more to create shading.  It worked really well!!!!  I stamped around the flower with the new background image, Ticking, using Archival Ink Tree Branch.  I stamped some vertical and some horizontal.  Along the bottom I stamped the solid foliage image from Blooming Art (bottom left of the stamp set) with Leaf Green.  There is stenciling in the background using the new Lots Of Dots stencil and Cactus Flower Ink.  The bird is from the Stamp-It Stencil-It set Put A Bird On It and I used the coordinating Mat Mini.. stamped it with Archival Ink Jet Black and added color with Distress Inks, Salty Ocean and Vintage Photo.  I thought I better add some blue into the tag so splattered Salty Ocean using a water brush on the tag.  I colored the center of the flowers with Wink of Stella Gl. Clear and then thought some all over shimmer would be good and used the new Mica Spray Pearl.  I sprayed from a distance, just once, to keep it light.  The hearts are Mat Minis colored and stamped (The Gift Of Art SCS141) with Cactus Flower.  The line around the tag and lines down to the hearts are with a white gel pen.  I also added some dots around the flower image.  I also inked the edge of the tag with Cactus Flower.  The tag is layered to white cardstock, edges distressed, wrapped with twine and then it's attached to a folded card.  

I tried to show the shimmer with this picture. 




9 comments:

Debby said...

Wow! Really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. It's lovely! You really have talent.

SCarol said...

This is so lovely, Wanda, love the way the hearts look like they are dangling.

Tracey T said...

Love the bright colours with the kraft. Super card xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is so pretty!
Wishes
Lynne

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely colours and design.xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW how serene and beautiful it looks...the purple and kraft look sg together
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

SewPaperPaint said...

Gorgeous tag, love the white outline and the pretty pink twine wrap! <3

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so pretty!

Lucy x