Monday, March 7, 2016

Beauty In Simplicity

 

Hello!!!  This is a large card, about 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  It all started with a piece of watercolor paper that had scribbles and tests of product and color on it.  I thought I shouldn't let it go to waste and chose to actually do a project with it.  I put on some Golden Glass Bead Gel through a stencil (TCW Balzer Designs Mini Chevron) and let it dry.  Next I put black gesso over the whole piece and let that dry.  I had just gotten the new Tim Holtz Picket Fence (white) ink and crayons so I thought it'd be good to use them.  The circles (PaperArtsy Sara Naumann ESN10) are stamped with the white ink and immediately sprayed with a bit of water which wicked out the ink a bit.  *note... hours later or maybe the next day - can't remember for sure - I sprayed water over this white ink again and it didn't move any more not even part of a circle that didn't get water the first time.  I scribbled some yellow crayon over a few circles and in the bottom right corner and pink crayon over some of the texture, sprayed it with water and moved it with my finger.. any pink down in the texture didn't move as my finger couldn't rub it.  The quote (Tim Holtz) is stamped with the white ink.  In the background is some text (ESN10) stamping and that is stamped with Fresco Finish Paint.  The leaves along the bottom (foam stamp created from Sara Naumann ESN17) are stamped with Fresco Finish Paint.  There is Treasure Gold Silver rubbed over the texture and around the edges.  The flower (PaperArtsy Lin Brown ELB23) I already had stamped and cut out - several of them - either left from another project or for another idea that got set aside.  I gathered some, painted them with Fresco Finish Paint, put them together and onto the card.    




6 comments:

Debby said...

Gorgeous! Love how the color pops out from the black!

craftimamma said...

Fabulous card Wanda! The flower colours look almost neon bright again the black.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Kaz Hall said...

Hi wanda, such a lovely card, the flower really pops out on the black background gorgeous xx

Helen said...

this is beautiful Wanda - like the others have said, i love the way the colour pops from the black..

Hazel Agnew said...

Only just spotted this Wanda...love the vibrancy of it! X

SewPaperPaint said...

WHOA! How cool is this, what great contrast and love the amazing brights!