Monday, December 17, 2018

Snowflakes


Hi There!!!  I'm so glad you are here (or reading in an email)!!!  I am thrilled with how this card turned out!!

This piece started the whole card.  I was playing using the Mixed Media Powders from Ranger Ink.  Here I've embossed them onto a piece of corrugate from a disposable cup koozie.  I rubbed embossing ink over the ridges, added Hammered Powder and heated.  Then as my heat tool was going I sprinkled in some Punch Powder.  It's hard to take a picture of the melted powder, the reflection makes it look blurry.


This is the piece you see in the middle of my card behind the snowflakes.  I decided to cut it to a rectangle and then embossed the edges with Bone Mixed Media Powder. 



The layer under the corrugate is Tim's Metallic Kraft Paper, color Rose Gold (such a gorgeous color), embossed with his 3D Flourish Texture Fade from Sizzix.  After embossing I added Distress Paint (walnut stain) over the paper and then wiped it back leaving paint in the areas near the embossing.  Next I lightly rubbed the Embossing Ink pad over the paper and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  It gave an icy look to the paper - very cool.  Finally I embossed the edges with Bone Mixed Media Powder.  
The pink layer is Punch Mixed Media Powder embossed onto the edges of that panel.
The snowflakes are Sizzix/Tim Holtz (Paper Snowflakes, Paper Snowflakes Mini, Flurry 1).  Two of the snowflakes are embossed with Bone and the other with Punch. 
The word, snowflakes, is a Quietfire Design stamp from the Christmas Cuddles Word Set.   





No comments: