Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas, Joy, Love, and Laughter


Where did the last two weeks ago!?!?  LOL   I am mostly ready for Christmas.  I have a book to make and gifts to wrap.  I'm trying for some down time in the midst of being ready.  I tried to read a magazine the other evening but couldn't keep my eyes open to do it.  I'd have gotten more accomplished if I'd just kept moving.

This card is a little smaller than a regular sized card.  The quote is a Quietfire Design stamp, May This Christmas Season.  The die is Sizzix/Tim Holtz Stacked Label.  It's great to be able to cut so many layers and have them line up so well. 


I recently got the new Mixed Media Embossing Powders from Ranger Ink and this was my first play with them.  Isn't that Scarlet gorgeous and really wonderful for Christmas. 


I had taken a picture of the very bottom layer but somehow it got damaged.  I used Texture Paste through the Tim Holtz poinsettia stencil.  While the paste was wet I added the Scarlet powder and then heated to melt the powder allowing the paste to bubble as it wanted.  It's really pretty!!!!  

So top layer is the stamped quote on kraft card and I embossed the edges with gold powder.  Next layer is the picture above.  Next layer is gold cardstock wrapped with a Christmas ribbon.  Bottom layer is the folded card with the paste and mixed media powder on kraft card.  Once I had it all put together I thought some white splatters would be nice.  I masked off most of the quote and spattered with Distress paint and a Spatter Brush.  To finish it off I used Tim Holtz Craft Thread and Idea-ology jingle bells.



No comments: