Thursday, November 22, 2018

Gable Box Extravaganza


Hello!!!  And for those celebrating - Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Over on the Quietfire Creations Blog it is all about the Gable Box and decorating it in a Christmas theme.  You will not want to miss that post.  It is chocked FULL of gorgeous projects!!!

The box I made is very simple but oh, so pretty.  I cut a piece of white cardstock large enough for the cutting die.  Onto that cardstock I lightly brayered Fresco Finish Chalk Paint (Candy Floss & Guacamole).  After the paint was dry, I die cut the Gable Box. Next I stamped the background holly leaves with Archival Ink and roughly colored them in with Distress Markers.  I left the bottom flaps of the box and the flaps with the heart cut out mostly free of leaves.  I stamped the "25" with black ink and the 2 holly leaves on either side with a darker green ink, colored in the leaves and added Stickles to the berries.  The Small Merry Christmas was die cut from gold cardstock and attached wrapping the extra around the corners and adhering well.  You could choose to not wrap the extra and leave it loose from the box. 








No comments: