Friday, August 31, 2018

Autumn is the Hush before Winter


Hello!!!  I'm here with an Autumn card using brand new Quietfire Design stamps.  I've used 2 stamps from the Autumn Collection and the new Grid Background stamp.  


I started with Ranger's Mixed Media Cardstock, Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin), and Distress Oxide Ink (Twisted Citron).  Put the inks on my craft sheet, added water, dipped, dried, dipped again, etc. 


I stamped the Grid Background with Barn Door Distress Oxide Ink and dried it.  I used the Stamp Platform for the quote.  I got it lined up, stamped the quote, added paint (Distress Picket Fence and Squeezed Lemonade), to mute the background so the quote would pop more, dried it, and stamped the quote with Archival Ink Jet Black restamping until it was nice and dark.  

I stamped the Wheat image across the bottom using Embossing Ink and added Emerald Creek, Seth Apter Dirty Sand Baked Texture.  I thought all my ink was dry but I did get powder sticking other places.  I used a very small paintbrush to get off the powder from where I didn't want it and then heated the powder.  I liked it but it wasn't quite what I wanted.  I used an anti static bag over that area of the card, reheated the powder and quickly added Ranger Buttercup embossing powder over the warm powder.  It worked well with Buttercup sticking over most of it but there were a few places it didn't which is just what I wanted.  I then heated to melt that powder.  I repeated those steps but this time added Emerald Creek, Seth Apter Ancient Amber powder.  It looks fabulous!!!  Next I wanted more wheat in the background but lightly so stamped those with Distress Ink Scattered Straw.  The edges of the panel are inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.  I attached it to a black panel and then a folded white card.  


Finally I thought some Mica would be nice and sprayed it lightly (2 sprays from a distance) with Mica Spray Buttercup.  



No comments: