Saturday, August 25, 2018

Autumn Day



Happy Saturday!!!  What a busy month August has been!!!  Today, however, is a quiet one at home with time for stamping.  There is a challenge on Facebook started by Lori to encourage people to use their stuff.  She is calling it the #UseYourS**tChallenge .  The first challenge is to make a Halloween (or Autumn if you don't do Halloween) card using the Alcohol Lift Ink Technique.  

For my background I started with White Yupo paper and worked up an alcohol ink background.  Next I stamped the screen (Stamper's Anonymous - Wendy Vecchi image, Set #002) using AI Lift Ink and then stamped it onto regular white cardstock.  Blotted the wet ink off the Yupo and then buffed it lightly.  After that, I did the technique again using a leaf image (Stamper's Anonymous - Tim Holtz, Set #273). 


I die cut the Layered Leaf (Sizzix - Tim Holtz), embossed it with the matching folder, and inked it with Distress Inks.


The sentiment on my card is from an Elizabeth Craft Design's set designed by calligrapher, Suzanne Cannon (Set #CS072 - HappyBirthday Collection)


After attaching the background to black cardstock I thought a little bling would be nice and spritzed it with Bronze Mica Spray (Ranger - Tim Holtz), squeezing slowly and from a distrance so I also got some drops.  The leaf is then attached with thick foam tape.  


4 comments:

Jean said...

This looks wonderful. Love the layers.

Krista Hentges said...

I love the screen pattern in there, I think it really adds to it!!! Love it overal!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing card! The autumnal colours and images are perfect - I love it 😁. I was wondering how alcohol lift worked, thanks for the explanation. Wishing you a very Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

Sue said...

Oh I love this, what a fabulous background with the screen stamp and lift ink, and your leaf image is gorgeous. Have a very happy week, Sue xx