Monday, September 9, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas - 8" x 10"


I started this canvas back in June and fianlly got it finished up a few weeks ago (it's been an extremely busy summer).  It's for our daughter using her favorite color combination (purple & green) and her favorite quote. I was a lot of fun to make and she Loves it!!!!!!  Stencils and embossing paste to create the texture on the canvas.  Distress paints to paint it.  Stamping with Ranger's Archival Ink.  Viva Inka Gold for highlights. Ranger's sticky back canvas onto cardstock and then die cut for the flowers and butterflies, colored with Distress paint, and stamped with Ranger's Archival Ink.  Manila cardstock for the leaves - larger ones are stamped (Wendy Vecchi image), cut out, painted, embossed with an embossing folder and black and white pens used - the smaller leaves are die cut, sprayed with Dylusions, and sealed with fluid matte medium.  The quote is computer generated.  Viva green pearl pen dots, Ranger's white liquid pearl dots, and old pearl in the center of the rose, Viva purple pearl pen dots on the butterflies. Gold braided cording.













13 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Love this Wanda! It's so pretty!

Nan G said...

Breath takingly beautiful, Wanda! The back ground stamping is amazing! I can't stop looking at those ferns! And the flowers...wow!

Linda Ward said...

Totally awesome !!! You are such a great multi medium artist !!!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Oh I love purple and green and this is so gorgeous not enough pretty words to describe this beauty.
hugs
susan s

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning! Love all the texture, and while I don't use purple, I always admire what others do with it...where have I heard that before? LOL...gorgeous!

Vic said...

Every detail is wonderful!

Debby said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love the various colors and the textures are wonderful. Wow!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beyond gorgeous!!!! Love every beautiful bit!

Pauline Butcher said...

Absolutely stunning Wanda, it is really beautiful, and I expect your Daughter will love it and cherish it. Hugs P xxx

Candy C said...

Wanda...your canvas is beautiful! My goodness! I so love the background with the ferns. I just ordered a fern stencil from The Crafters Workshop and NOW I can't wait to get it! :) Gorgeous color combo. The dimensional flowers are gorgeous, too. Love it all! <3 Candy

Turid said...

fABULOUS! SO LUSH AND DELIGHTFULL.N SORRY I AM LATE IN COMMENTING THIS, I TRIED TO DO IT OVER MY PHONE, DID NOT WORK.

Teresa said...

Hi Wanda, So sorry I have been MIA... on vacation visiting reletives but I had to come over to say hi and look at all the beautiful things that you made...This canvas is gorgeous and looks like you spent hours putting your heart and soul into it. Hope you have a wonderful week... Teresa

Krista Hentges said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! it's all mine!!! still sitting right next to my computer so i can see it all the time!!