Sunday, November 11, 2012

Good-Bye to Summer


As with the last several atcs I've shared, I started with a piece of "scrap" card that had picked up excess color from another project.  I stamped the swirls and embossed them with sticky powder and then added leafing onto the sticky brushing the extra back into my container and burnishing the card well with an old sock.  The girl is an image from Dezinaworld and I colored her shirt with a waterbrush and Dylusions yellow spray ink.  The leaves are die cut, colored and stamped.  The words are hand written, cut out and edged with ink.


6 comments:

Tarnished Rose said...

Love this!

Smiles~
Marilyn

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yes...so long! I love the cooler months anyway! Love your background...the gold is gorgeous! The image is a beauty as well!

Unknown said...

omg this is beautiful, my feelings too! here in slc utah it dumped a buttload of snow way early...(cry for summer warmth)...love this!

Nan G said...

Fab tag! Love the image.

tea said...

Just how I feel when summer is over. That is a pensive goodbye. The image captures the feeling so well and your background art plays up to it, with reminance of golden sun and the coming of autumn. Well done, weldon!

2amscrapper said...

love it!