Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MAC #6


Lori decided to change things up this week on the yahoo group and instead of using one of Wendy's books for the Making Art Challenge we were challenged to create a tag using stamps from just one of Wendy's sets.    I usually pull stamps from a variety of sets when I'm working on a project but it was a lot of fun to have to stick to one set.  I chose to use a new set that I just got last week - Art Colors Life LCS053.  I love the background in this set!!!  And the flower, quote, word and saying are all wonderful also!!  For my tag I worked Tim's wrinkle free distress technique on the tag using DIs spun sugar and worn lipstick.  The background is stamped with peeled paint.  The flower was stamped on grunge, cut out and colored with DIs peeled paint for the stem/leaves and stormy sky for the flower.  I also pulled the matching flower from the new Art Parts set florals and colored it.  I then sprayed the art part and the just the flower part of the grunge with Perfect Pearls Mist turquose giving them both a good coat.  The scallop is also an Art Part from the Scallop Trim pack colored with worn lipstick and just lightly sprayed with forever red Perfect Pearls Mist.  Simplifly is stamped with jet black Archival.  The bottom of the tag trimmed with deckle scissors.  The edges of the tag colored with worn lipstick.  Black "stitching" done with a fine tip pen.



I also decided to make a couple of atcs using the same set of stamps.  This first uses an alcohol ink background I had laying on my counter.  I cut it slightly smaller than an atc, stamped the flower twice and part of the background image along the right side with jet black Archival.  The background was mostly pink with a little blue/purple and I decided to add on a little DI wild honey just to give some more variety.  The quote was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock, cut apart, edged with mustard seed.  I then decided to add some dots to the top left and along the bottom by sponging raspberry Adirondack ink through some sequin waste.  Layered the whole piece to a black atc blank and added 2 gold pearls to the flowers.  


This last atc starts with an Inkssential manila atc blank.  The background was stamped with wild honey... I inked the stamp, sprayed the stamp just a little with water from a mini mister bottle and stamped the atc.  The flowers were done with the same technique of sprayed with water before you stamp.  I used all Distress Inks... peeled paint for the stem... the flowers are barn door, dusty concord, broken china, mustard seed, worn lipstick, stormy sky, and rusty hinge.  The edges of the atc are inked with antique linen, mustard seed, and brushed corduroy.  The quote is stamped on a scrap of manila card, cut apart, edges inked with victorian velvet.  Gold sticky-back pearls on the flowers.

7 comments:

Marjie K said...

A triple treat today... love all your photos and I appreciate your saying how/what you did. You really made a lot with your new set!

Marjie K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SusanK said...

Well done on all your ATCs and tag! Time to start shopping for more Wendy sets!

Lori said...

Love that new background stamp from that set, looks awesome on your tag, Wanda! the ATC's are gorgeous, too! Thanks for participating in the challenge!

LindaCCC said...

I love the background you used on the tag and the colors you chose. Very pretty.

Turid said...

Beautiful. I love to see your new stamps in action. Great stamps, great stamper. Also the new atc's are g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s those pictures are just adorable.

Barbra Otten said...

Those are so pretty!