Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CBC - Green/#4


I started this tag not really thinking about the Created Byhand Challenge this week... until I had green and thought "oh, ya, the CBC is green, cool", lol.  Almost everything I used can be found at Quietfire Design. The tag is Ranger's #8 size.  I sprayed both sides of the tag with water (both sides so the tag doesn't curl) and then I sprayed with Ranger's Color Wash.... starting at the top left corner I sprayed at a diagonal one spray of butterscotch, then more towards the center still at a diagonal stream (which went green because of the butterscotch, duh) and finally at the lower right sunset orange.  Pressed on a piece of copy paper and pulled off to blot up extra liquid and dried the tag.  Stamped the large flourish with Archival ink sepia.  Stamped the script image (Penny Black) also with sepia - I didn't ink the stamp really well so the script would look more distressed on the tag.  Stamped the large butterfly 3 times with Versamark ink and embossed with Distress Embossing Power pine needles.  At this point I thought the background was too dark for the butterflies so I sprayed the tag again with water and blotted, sprayed a bit more with sunset orange, blotted and dried the tag.  I then used a paint brush and painted water inside and around the edges of each butterfly blotting with a paper towel as I went and rewetting some areas 2 or 3 times and blotting to give highlights to the butterflies and make them stand out from the background more.  Distressed the edges of the tag using Tim's paper distresser (LOVE this tool) and inked the edges with Distress Ink brushed corduroy.  Stamped "Butterfly" on a scrap of manila cardstock with Archival ink jet black, cut it out, sprayed it with water and butterscotch Color Wash, blotted and dried it, distress the edges and inked them with brushed corduroy and then just a bit of black soot.  Used Tim's tiny attacher to attach it to the tag.  Cut 2 pieces of 13mm white silk ribbon and colored them with water and  Color Wash meadow and sunset orange.  Dried them with the heat tool scrunching the ribbon as it dried.  Filled an Ideology small glass vile with  dew drops and tied it to the tag with bakers twine.  Used the computer to print out the letters to spell FLY, inked over the letters just a bit with Distress Ink wild honey, punched them out with a 1/4" hole punch, and glued them to the vial with Ranger's glue and seal (you could also use matte medium).

9 comments:

Robyn said...

love the green butterflies, and can never get enough of those flourishes.
thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Hels Sheridan said...

this is beautiful Wanda, loving those colours x

SusanK said...

Lovely! And I can't thank you enough for giving the recipe..it's not always easy to determine how somebody made something or what colors they used.

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh I really love this one wanda. It's beautiful.

Netty said...

Terrific tag Wanda and love all the stamped layers. Annette x

Marjie K said...

Amazing background, again... I just love how you layer on the colors and design. Beautiful tag!

Quietfire said...

Love the little bottle with FLY on it! Great tag!

Barb said...

I have something for you at my blog and it is NOT a GREEN Lizard for St. Pat's Day!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Wanda!