Sunday, August 22, 2010

SSSS - THE Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 Style


This weeks challenge on Stimon Says Stamp and Show is THE Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 Style.  I'm a big fan of Wendy and her stamp line... and can hardly wait for her new Art Parts release to start showing up in stores!!  I decided to make this bird for the challenge.  The base is a piece Maya Road Chipboard in the shape of a bird.  I used Wendy's technique of first coating with Adirondack snow cap pigment ink, drying it and then using distress ink over it.  I LOVE the look... light and soft and chalky... way cool!!!  All stamps used are Wendy stamps.  Flowers are Tim's tattered floral cut from grungepaper... the smallest flower is the same flower as the other one but I cut off about 1/2 of each petal... works perfectly if you need an even smaller flower than the die cuts.  Ideology foliage, jump rings, and philosophy tag.... and on the tail, film strip ribbon cut into thirds, fanned out, and stapled on using the tiny attacher.  Enamel accents for the center of the smallest flower and on top of the brad in the center of the metal flower. 

6 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

WANDA.....what an ADORABLE bird...such a Wendy thing!!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Chris said...

I love your bird Wanda, the colours are wonderful and your details and stamping gorgeous. Love how you did the filmstrip for the tail, that's a great idea. :)

Kim Costello said...

So very creative Wanda I love all the extra details like the filmstrip tail and the floral eye all of it is gorgeous and I can see very Wendy inspired!!!
The Design Team and I are so pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week,
Thank you & HuGs!
Kim :)

Lori said...

Ooo, this is cool, and I just love that technique, it looks so cool! Wait, I already used cool twice now, guess that's it for that word! lol! Great piece Wanda, thanks for joining in the SSS challenge!

Pat said...

Love Wendy and that bird is soooo Wendy! I had not seen eyes done that way before, & i shall steal your idea!
Hugs, Pat

Sandi M said...

Wanda - I really like what you've done here, the colors, flowers, filmstrip ribbon as feathers - very cool!