Sunday, August 22, 2010

Live... in Metal


Not sure how the colors are on your screen... they are off on mine... the flowers and base card are all purple not the bluish they are looking to me.  The gears background and "Live" are both done with Ten Seconds Studio metal and molds and a wheel for the edging on Live... rock star black metal for the gears and plum metal for "Live".  The green strip is Appletini metal cut with a Tim Holtz On The Edge die and embossed with the Dotmatrix Tim Holtz folder.  Flowers and large gears are grungepaper cut with Tim Holtz dies.  The gears were colored with Distress Ink black soot and dabbed with silver Paint Dabber.  The darker bottom petals of the rose are colored with DI dusty concord right on the grungepaper... the rest of the rose and other flowers were colored first with Adirondack pigment ink snow cap and then with dusty concord.  All flowers stamped with the Wendy Vecchi dot background image.  Black sticky back gems in the centers of the flowers.  The smallest flower is the same flower as the other one but I cut off about half of each petal.  White Enamel Accents for the dots around the cardstock base and on the grungepaper gears... Black Enamel Accents for the dots on the letters.

17 comments:

Nan said...

wow...love this! The green and purple work so well together on my screen :) I love the 10 second mold you used too!

Chris said...

Amazing metal work Wanda and the colours are gorgeous! I think that Appletini metal is my favourite, it's so pretty. :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art Wanda, loving those gears and the purples look lush x

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wanda
this is amazing! I love the color combo and the texture of the piece. Thank you for the kind words on my blog. I don't get over to visit you as often as I like also! Have a great Monday!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a wonderful piece of metal goodness! I really need to try playing with it. I bought some and put it in my cupboard. Need to dig it out and have a go.

Lori said...

Totally awesome, Wanda! Isn't metal great?? I just love it, everything comes out so darn cool!

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Fantastic Wanda!! Beautiful,love it! I really need to play with some of the metal I have!

2amscrapper said...

it's purple on my screen and wonderful--I love how you mixed metal and flowers!

Netty said...

Oh wow I've never seen anything so fabulous. Annette

okanagan_spirit said...

I haven't visitied for awhile, but I'm glad I came for a look today. This piece is so lovely as are the others I looked at, love the bird.

Shelann said...

I love the metal gear works in the background. I may have to look into the Ten Seconds stuff! The whole card is great!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card love the pattern paper you used tfs!!!

Robyn said...

I love the movement and the message

Jester said...

Wow, this is wonderful work, Wanda. It looks magnificent! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog.

Yogi said...

great card. That gears background looks like the clockwork embossing folder, so i was surprised when you described what it was and wasn't what I thought. BIG GRIN. Lots of little details here. Good idea to cut the petals down to make a smaller flower.

Pat said...

Wow, now that screams T!m Holtz! lol great card, love the use of the gears & colors.
Hugs,
Pat