Tuesday, April 1, 2008

CBC - Stencils


This weeks challenge over at Created Byhand is to use a stencil. I love this Dreamweaver stencil I got from Quietfire Design of the line of birds. For the background, I punched a circle from a piece of scrap to use as a stencil while I brayered on Kaleidacolor ink baby powder (I layed scrap paper over the blue and purple ink pads before inking the brayer so I only got yellow, orange, and pink on the brayer). Next I layed on the bird stencil and using a sponge dauber applied Versamark ink through the stencil, removed the stencil and embossed with Distress ep walnut stain. Tore the top of the paper, trimmed the bottom and sides, and sponged Distress walnut stain on the edges. On a scrap I sponged ink from the baby powder pad, stamped "Tranquility" (Quietfire Design) with walnut stain, tore out, and rubbed edges with walnut stain. Base is brown Bazzill cardstock and the flourish image (Quietfire Design) is stamped using the Versamark ink.

11 comments:

K said...

this is beautiful Wanda! I love the crow stencil. Guess what I am going to have on my DT wish list next month?

Quietfire said...

Wow! Brilliant! I love the moon in the background! Way to go!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is excellent, Wanda...love it. I love the tones in the background!

vintage wil said...

this is bautiful !!!

Anonymous said...

How fantastic, great colours and beautiful stencil. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Your card looks absolutly fabulaus, I love the spotlight technique that you used.

*jean* said...

Thanks for sharing where you bought this. I don't have many stencils but I would shop there!! Lovely card, sweet and springy!1

AlexaCzar said...

beuatiful stencil and a fantastic work !!! love the colors and the image.

Vintage Papers said...

love this Wanda! beautiful background!

Stamped Impressions said...

My eye was drawn to the moon. This is beautiful!!! You are such a talented artist!

Yogi said...

Love what you did with those crows. Never thought about putting a moon (or sun) behind them. Good idea. Next time.
I'm not so sure about the tranquilty part when you have 8 crows on a line... Of course for me being hearing impaired, I'd never hear them.