Saturday, April 5, 2008

Background Swap


I'm participating in a background swap on the byhand artists yahoo group. For the swap we needed 4" x 6" pieces of whatever background we chose to do. This picture is of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece which I would cut up and get 3 pieces for the swap along with some left over pieces to use for myself. I started with a piece of dusty purple cardstock, put some bleach in a spray bottle and sprayed randomly on the cardstock, let that dry, dripped some bleach on and let it dry, sprayed the piece with black spray webbing, then sprayed with Adirondack color wash spray stream and Stamp Zia chroma sprays lime, iris, cherry, and olive, and let that dry. To finish it off I sprayed it with gold spray webbing and while the webbing was still tacky pressed on some gold foil here and there. I love making these kinds of backgrounds... they look so complicated but are really very easy to do.

11 comments:

Yogi said...

This looks absolutely fabulous. I loooove the colors. And I finally got some spray webbing, and wouldn't you know it gold & black. So I guess I can try it real soon.

Beth Akins said...

love the webbing look and the colors, too!
beth

Wendy said...

That's beautiful! I love the colours - can't wait to see it in real life :D

Mary-Beth said...

This is a gorgeous b/g. Love the colour. Really wishing I had joined this swap! LOL

Quietfire said...

Spectacular!

okanagan_spirit said...

this is another beautiful background. i'm glad i was able to join, can't wait to see it for real. i've had no luck finding spray webbing.

Lindart said...

Gorgeous! Keep meaning to get spray webbing, keep forgetting! Maybe now I'll remember!

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Just yummy!!!!!

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful Colors on your background!!!

Sue said...

You MAKE it look complicated!! I love it! Wish I could come play with you!!

Danielle said...

Wow, great background. Thanks for sharing!