Monday, April 28, 2008

an ATC


First I want to tell you about the "gold" piece used on this atc. We are putting an addition on our house - of which part of it will be a studio for me... woohoo!! We were working on the underhand putting in the soffit venting, etc, and had scrap pieces. My youngest son (currently 11) took one of those scraps and bent it into a "fan" shape. I immediately knew that I wanted to use it and asked if I could have it and, of course, he let me :-)) I adjusted it a bit, pounded it flat, used a gold Krylon paint pen on it, and after that was dry added some gold Stickles... and had this fabulous gold piece to use on this atc. I've also used another one on a canvas that I can't share just yet... way cool!!! The backgroun of this atc was done using Distress Ink sprays (DI reinker with water in a mini mister bottle) sprayed onto a Cedar Canyon rubbing plate and the cardstock pressed on top. I stamped just a bit of a flourish image on the 2 long sides. Printed, trimmed and layered the collage image onto green mulberry paper. Added that to the atc. Added the gold piece, 2 paper leaves, and stack of paper flowers. Finished it off by added gold Stickles to the center of the flowers. Collage image, flourish stamp, and Cedar Canyon rubbing plates all from Quietfire Design.

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Wanda! How resourceful and creative of you. Love your latest art! ~hugs~

Yogi said...

Gorgeous. I see what you mean by the soffit. That's really thinking outside the box. Sheesh.