Monday, February 25, 2019

Everyday Remember The Now


Hello Friends!!  The Feb. challenge on the Facebook group Tim Holtz Addicts is taken from the 12 tags of 2012 February and the technique is Paint Resist.  #THA_Feb 


I have several layers on my tag but the very first layer used the Paint Resist Technique.  I stamped Picket Fence Distress Paint onto Mixed Media Heavy using the Flourish from the set Lattice & Flourish (CMS257), dried the paint and then inked over the paper with Distress Inks.  I continued adding layers using stencils (THS078) and stamps (Lattice & text from Entomology) with Distress Inks and Archival Inks.  Splatters were added with Distress Paint (Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn).  The edges are embossed with Distress Embossing Powder Peeled Paint.  The butterflies use the matching stamps and dies, Flutter.  I used wire to make the antennas.  Color added with Distress Markers. The scribble circles are from the die set Scribbles & Splat.  Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers and File Tabs. Machine stitching around edges.  The finished size is 4 1/8" x 8 1/2". 




1 comment:

sarascloset said...

Wanda, you 'do' Tim Holtz and mixed media exceptionally well! I'm sorry I missed this (and many other posts) Your background is stunning with so many inky layers; I love that subtle flourish that resists further layers. And your butterflies are gorgeous layered over those funky die cuts. Love this! Thank you for your visit to my blog and huge congratulations on those grandbabies! You must be in Seventh Heaven! Sending hugs your way!