Saturday, April 14, 2018

You Can Do Anything


Hey!!!  I hope you are having a good weekend.  I was out in the shop welding this morning and then this afternoon, in-between laundry and stuff, I've had a chance to do a little creating.  I'm still playing with New Release stamps from Quietfire Design.  Today I've used the You Can Do Anything stamp.

My background is built on a piece of Canvas paper cut to 4 1/2" square.  I put down layers of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint using Seth Apter's monoprint technique.  The paint colors I used are Coral, Green Patina, Baltic Blue, and Stone.  I stamped the words directly onto the backgrouund using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform.  I stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black but it needed to be bolder so I stamped with Embossing Ink and embossed with Detail Black Powder.  To help the words pop even more I added white with Dylusions Paint Pen.  

The Flourished Oval Frame is die cut from heavy paper.  I then embossed onto the frame using Emerald Creek/Seth Apter Rocky Road Baked Texture.  I put two layers of the Baked Texture on.  It is so cool!!!!  The frame was glued to the background and I used the White pen again.  To add more around the frame I stamped the Crackle Background image with Snowflake Fresco Finish Paint.  I didn't use an acrylic block and bent the stamp to just use parts of it.  I attached the background to Glossy Black Cardstock and then to a folded rust colored card.  Finally I attached an Idea-ology Mirror Star that I had dabbed with Distress Paint Brushed Pewter.

This is one of those cards that is just so much cooler in person :-)  I hope you can image the texture from the canvas paper and layers of paint combined with the Rocky Road Texture on the frame!!!  Fabulous!!!

Later!!

Hugs, Wanda





No comments: