Sunday, August 13, 2017

Simon Says Monday Challenge Celebrates 7 Years


Simon Says Stamps is celebrating their birthday and therefore the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to create something birthday related.  I've made a birthday card.  

The background starts with a left over shaving cream background.  I applied Nuvo Mousse Mother of Pearl over the whole piece and then applied Nuvo Mousse Pink Flambe through an Andy Skinner stencil.  Along the bottom I put Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil, added Wendy's Embossing Powder (Sky Blue & Cornflower Blue) to the wet paste and then heated it.  I sprinkled some sky blue here and there and then did the rest with cornflower.  I didn't wait for the paste to dry but melted the powder right away.  I quite like it!!!  The script stamping in the background is done with a PaperArtsy Sara Naumann stamp using Wendy's Archival Ink Sky Blue.  There is also some sky blue around the edges.  The shells are cut using Elizabeth Craft Design's dies.  I cut the solid part from white cardstock and applied Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum to the pieces.  I cut the outlines from gold cardstock.  Behind the shells is some cheese cloth; behind that is some foliage.  It's actually from the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens set.  I cut two from deep pink cardstock.  I used deli paper between the die and the cardstock.  The pink pieces have a little Pure Platinum on them.  I attached both of the pink pieces and the deli paper pieces.  Distress Paint Black Soot is splattered over the piece.  The Tim Holtz die cuts 'happy birthday' are cut from black cardstock.   



No comments: