Monday, September 19, 2016

It's not necessary....

Happy Monday to you!!!  I had a great weekend!!!  The Wendy Vecchi classes at Memory Bound were fabulous!!!  Wendy is a really good teacher!!!  I'll do a post about the classes at another time.  I did share quite a few pictures on Instagram if you are curious before I get around to posting here. 

Today I'm sharing the project that I mentioned in my last post and you can see that I cut that second piece of marbled paper and put it behind my oval.  That oval was cut from a blank page that had been removed from a Dylusions journal using Tim's largest stitched oval die.  In that set of dies is also a couple of scallop borders and that gold you see to the left and right of the oval is the largest scallop cut from the same paper and then colored with Distress Paint Tarnished Brass.  The white dots are done with a Posca paint marker and the white lines with a gel pen.  

For the oval I used mostly brand new Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamps and stencils and one older stencil (the dots).  I stamped the fern first (Messages For Art stamp set) and embossed it with Wendy's Fern Green Embossing Powder.  Next I inked the paper with Distress Inks using a blending tool.  Then I splattered water over the panel getting lots of water around the fern - blotted and dried the panel - and then did water again around the fern, blotting and drying.  For the white stenciling (Intersecting Circles Stencil) I used Distress Ink Picket Fence.  The dots were stenciled with Archival Ink Watering Can.  The words were stamped with Archival Ink Black Soot.  The ferns at the bottom of the oval (Ferns Stencil) were stenciled with Archival Ink Fern Green.  I set the oval down inside a garbage bin and gave it one spray with Wendy's Buttercup Mica Spray for a very subtle shimmer that catches the light as the card is moved.  The butterfly is Wendy's Mat Mini.  I inked it with Distress Ink Picket Fence, dried it, inked it with Archival Ink Buttercup, dried it, stamped the flower (Art From Us stamp set) with Archival Ink Watering Can, dried it, colored the flower with Distress Marker, dried it, and added some white highlights with a gel pen.  The edge of the oval has Distress Paint Tarnished Brass on it.  

This was fun to make and I hope you like it!!!     

No comments: