Friday, September 16, 2016

Autumn Dream

Hi!!! I'm ready for the weekend.  It's a weekend off from all the projects we have going on here as I'm going to 2 all day workshops up at the Memory Bound store in Ankeny.  The Wendy Vecchi is here for the weekend teaching... woo-hoo!!!!  Wendy is a wonderful teacher!!!!  I hope you have something good planned for the weekend!!  

The card I'm sharing today started with that background in the picture above.  I was actually working on something else (I'll share that in a day or two) when the thought popped in "I bet Distress Paint Black Soot and Tarnished Brass would make a fabulous marble" and I immediately pulled them out and tried it.  Doesn't it look fabulous!!!!  I was going to use that first piece for the project I was in the midst of but then decided it wasn't quite large enough.  I still have that puddle that shows in the picture on my craft sheet so I grabbed another piece of paper (a piece torn from a Dyan journal so mixed media paper), added a bit more tarnished brass to my craft sheet, sprayed the paper well with water and dipped it in moving a little and redipping to cover the entire piece.  I dried it and then lightly dipped it into the bits left on my craft sheet and dried it again.  What I got is the piece below... Yum!!!  I went ahead and finished that project but then today wanted to use that first piece I'd marbled.

I just got the Tim Holtz stencil with the leaves and wanted to use it.  I mixed some Fossilized Amber Distress Paint with Texture Paste and put it through the stencil over that marbled paper.  After it was dry, I put the stencil back on and inked with Fired Brick and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks.  I also did a light spray of Antiqued Bronze Distress Mica Spray (stencil still in place).  You can't see the shimmer in any of the pics but it does catch the light in person.  I was thinking it would be great if the leaves had some veins and wondered if it might work to add some.  I grabbed a toothpick and it worked.  The point of the toothpick broke pretty quickly so I grabbed a metal pointy tool and used that. 

The single leaf was die cut (Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Thinlit) from an already colored manila tag (I cut it from the bottom left corner and will turn it into a finished tag).  I added more ink to the leaf with Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, and Vintage Photo.  Some Idea-ology items (trim, word band with paint and the words actually show up well in person but not so well in these pictures, hex fasteners) finish it up.  

No comments: