Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer Tag - Creative Chemistry Summer 2016 - Layering Stencils


Hi There!!!  I hope this finds you well!!!  I've been having a great time following along with the Summer of Creative Chemistry at Online Card Classes.  We are working through Creative Chemistry 102 at the moment and are focused on Day 2 of that class, Layering Stencils!!!  Who doesn't love stencils!!!  Well, I'm sure there are people out there that don't but I'm not one of them :-))  The Week 6 challenge for Summer of Creative Chemistry is to create something using two stencil techniques together.  I must admit that I've used more than two on this tag.  I've got some Mixed-Media Layering going on plus I've used the Paint Monoprint Technique, Embossing through Stencils, and the Stencil Stamping Technique.  It is so much fun to work all these different ideas together!!!  For my supplies I've used Distress Paint (picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio), Distress Stain (twisted citron), Distress Ink (picked raspberry, cracked pistachio, ripe persimmon, salty ocean), Embossing Ink, White Embossing Powder, Archival Ink (cactus flower), Mini Layering Stencils (numbers 006, 009, 019), Layering Stencil (Wildflowers), Idea-ology token (white added with Distress Crayon), gold thread, and "Summer" is cut with an ECD A Way With Words die from white cardstock.



2 comments:

Vic said...

I love your tag. I'm hoping to get to my stencil techniques this evening.

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

thanks for sharing what you did for the assignment in cc102. I find as much inspiration from other students as I do Tim.

Diana
MontanaHens - Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/