Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Circle Journal #4


Hello!!!!  Today I'm sharing my 4th Circle Journal post.  This is the journal I worked on in June and it belongs to Jo.  It's a very cool idea and I loved creating for it.  We were told to make a masterboard, cut 4 atc blanks, finish one to be placed on the outside of a pocket (the whole journal is pocket pages that she made) and put the other 3 blanks in the pocket.  Fun!!!!!!!!  I guess I was picture happy while working and took step-outs while creating the masterboard.  

I used Fresco Finish Paints onto a piece of Heavy Smoothy Cardstock.  I began with Bubble Gun, Tango, and Banana.  I put the colors on my craft sheet, sprayed them with water, used my finger to work the water into each color of paint and then pressed my paper into it all, lifted and repeated pressing until the whole sheet was full being careful not to over-mix the colors. 


The next layer is stenciling with a mix of Cheesecake and Banana.  


The leaves are stenciled with a mix of Granny Smith and Hyde Park. 


Once dry I stenciled the leaves again with a mix of Cheesecake and Limelight to give shading/highlights to the leaves.  


Next is lots of splattering with Snowflake and Little Black Dress.


A DIY stamp using the black rings that you remove from Wink of Stella pens to start using them.  They are glued onto a piece of corrugated plastic.  I stamped them with Snowflake.


And finally stamping the script image with White Fire.


Here's a pic of the sheet taken in the light tent.


And here it is cut up and the extra pieces.  


To finish the atc I used used tinted embossing paste through a stencil, leafy die cuts, Idea-ology photo booth pic in a frame, hearts colored with alcohol ink, chit chat stickers, twine and a ladybug dimensional sticker.




This picture shows the front of the pocket.  I used washi tape along the top and bottom of where I put the atc, added white dots to that washi tape and included more leaves tucked behind the atc.


I didn't want to leave the back of the pocket without any decoration.  I used scraps from my scrap box stamping a quote on one of them and also used more chit chat stickers. 


I took the picture but I just kept thinking it wasn't really done and finally decided to add a wood leaf.  I used ink and embossing powder on the top of the leaf. 



4 comments:

SusanK said...

Love this! And I think this is something I could do when I can only snatch snippets of time in my creative space. Thank you for sharing the entire process..and what a lucky recipient!

Turid said...

This is absolutely cool! Love it!

PaperArtsy said...

Wow I love that wanda!! Your bright and cheery ATC's are stunning! Nice job!

Helen said...

Fabulous addition to Jo's journal!