Friday, August 21, 2015

You Are Loved using the Paua Shell Effect


The current topic on the PaperArtsy Blog is Gels & Mediums and in THIS post Lin Brown shares a very cool technique, Paua Shell Effict, complete with a video.  I just HAD to give it a try!!  

For this piece I've used the crunchy paper, glossy gel medium (I only had glossy in regular gel and it worked but heavy gel would have been easier to spread over the stencil and keep its shape), and some old Radiant Rain sprays (colors - Guatemalan Green & Jasper Red).  Way Cool!!!!!

I trimmed the piece down and made a card.  The PaperArtsy JOFY image (JM37) is stamped and black embossed onto crunchy paper.  All the light lines are from pulling my finger nails across the paper on the back.  The piece had curled a little and I was straightening it out when I noticed my nails made lines and so I kept working it making more lines.  I used a Wink of Stella pen just in the center open areas of the flower.  The next layer is some corrugated packing painted with a little Fresco Finish (Hint of Mint).  Hint of Mint was also used to highlight the words in the Idea-ology metal piece.  

This current Topic, #15 Gels & Mediums, challenge ends on Sunday.  HERE is the challenge post with all the details for entering and they do have a random draw of entries to win a credit to spend on their website.

You should also check out THIS post by Leandra, a masterclass of gels and mediums... lots of great information and two videos!!!!


Tilting the card so the light catches all the shimmer a bit better.  Oh, after the card was together I remembered her idea to add some Treasure Gold and did put just a hint here and there of white fire Treasure Gold.



7 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh my gosh Wanda, I LOVE THIS CARD!!! It looks like Patina, which I love! I am going to have to go watch that vid and check out the process, would love to try it! And what a "happy mistake" with the nails on that front paper! I love, love it! This is just a beautiful card my friend...BUT OF COURSE!! :)))) Many blessings to you!

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Beautiful Wanda, the colours are superb x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow Wanda it really is fabulous, love how the flower is in contrast with everything else. Xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous!! Love your paua shell effect background - fabulous stencil!! the JoFY flower on top looks perfect.

Nan G said...

Very cool card, Wanda! I will be clicking your links to watch the videos. Need to try this myself. Thanks

Candy C said...

Wanda, your card is beautiful! I am loving the patterns and textures and COLORS you've got going here!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous creation with Lin's great technique - love the layering of the krunchy and corrugated textures too.
Alison x