Tuesday, July 14, 2015

In All Things Wood Canvas


Happy Tuesday to you!!!!!!!!!!  I hope your week is going well.  It's HOT here in southern Iowa.  

I began this project with an 8" square wood canvas.  A quick rundown for the base.... gesso, grungepaste through the PaperArtsy stencil PS006, paint (I used Distress paint for this part), stenciling with white (PaperArtsy snowflake) through TCW mini tiny circles stencil, Treasure Gold white fire applied with my finger, and flicking on of both white and black paint (PaperArtsy snowflake and little black dress).  The scripture is a Our Daily Bread Designs stamp and it's cut out with a Spellbinders die and some Distress ink added.  The butterfly is a Tim Holtz stamp, fussy cut, colored with Distress inks and wire used to make the antenna.  I used Microglaze on both of these stamped and inked pieces so they are sealed and protected.  The leaves are cut from grungepaper with a Tim Holtz die, painted, stamped with Archival ink and some of them sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist.  The flowers are old Prima flowers and I have Liquid Pearls in the centers.  








2 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Stunning, I love it! xxx

Rose Tresures said...

sooooooo beautiful!!!!!! hugs, patty